We promote the opera stars of tomorrow
The Queen Sonja International Music Competition is a prestigious competition that takes place every second year in Oslo with singers from all over the world. The goal of the Competition is to assist the career development of talented young singers. It also acts as a bridge builder between the Norwegian and international music scenes.
We invite businesses, organisations, trusts and private sponsors to join our contributors, in order to give both the Competition and the contestants the best opportunities to develop. Our sponsors are invited to utilize the Competition as a unique arena in which to build relations and create memorable experiences.
An important role
The Competition plays an important role in Norwegian cultural life, and it contributes to putting Norway on the international musical map. For each competition we typically receive applications from approximately 250 singers representing more than 40 nations. The upper age limit for contestants is 32 years of age.
The prizewinners can be offered engagements at several Norwegian institutions, amongst them the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, Bergen International Festival, the Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra, Stavanger Symphony Orchestra and
Trondheim Symphony Orchestra.
The Queen Sonja International Music Competition achieves broad media coverage, not least through The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK)’s TV coverage of the final.
By associating your company or organisation with The Queen Sonja International Music Competition, you will be able to share in some of our core values:
- The Competition creates a sense of enthusiasm and delight among the contestants and audience
- To master their craft at the highest level is crucial to the contestants
- We have an international focus and bring together performers from a large number of nations
- The Competition has a positive effect on motivation and career developement
- The final provides an exciting and memorable experience
- We organize social meeting places with a number of stakeholders from the culture and business scenes