1) What inspired you to become a singer?
When I was 11 I saw Opera North perform Tosca at the Theater Royal, Newcastle upon Tyne. I thought it was amazing! I also used to love listening to my Dad playing opera CD’s really loudly, especially Queen of the Night.
2) What’s your dream role and why?
I would love to sing a Rossini role, such as Semiramide, or La Comtesse Adèle in Le comte Ory. I love all the coloratura and the way the arias come to an exciting climax.
3) Who is your favourite opera singer and why?
I can’t choose just one as there are so many amazing singers that bring something different to the table, but recently I have been particularly inspired by Edita Gruberová. She sings so effortlessly, with real emotion and with perfect humour!
4) What do you hope to achieve by participating in The Queen Sonja
International Music Competition?
I hope to gain performance experience and to sing well to the panel of eminent judges.
5) Tell us something surprising or unexpected about yourself!
I love horses, baking and sketching! I used to sing out the window as a child to scare people.
6) Is there anything else you would like to tell us, which might be
interesting to the public?
I am taking part in the Queen Sonja International Music Competition alongside my husband, bass-baritone Andri Björn Róbertsson. We are very much looking forward to our visit to beautiful Oslo!