1) What inspired you to become a singer?
I started singing in a choir with my cousin at the age of five, and have been singing all the time since then! I enjoy the freedom that comes with singing and being able to express myself. So I guess I found the inspiration in singing, rather than getting inspired to begin to sing.
2) What's your dream role and why?
My dream role is Figaro in Le Nozze di Figaro. First of all I think its suits my voice very well, but most importantly I can relate very well with the character and feel like we understand each other.
3) Who is your favorite opera singer and why?
I've got many! Cesare Siepi - he had a beautiful voice and sang such a wide range of repertoire. Kristinn Sigmundsson - another beautiful voice, a great interpreter of both Lieder and opera. Also a fellow Icelander, and one of my first heroes in singing. Bryn Terfel - a show man and seems to be able to tackle all kinds of different styles with ease. And then there are more; Ghiaurov, Ramey, Hotter.
4) What do you hope to achieve by participating in the Queen Sonja International Music Competition?
I hope to gain more experience and also the opportunity to sing for such a distinguished panel.
5) Tell us something surprising or unexpected about yourself!
One of my favourite things is to lie down in the moss in the wilderness of Iceland and fall asleep!
6) Is there anything else you would like to tell us which might be interesting to the public?
I can't wait to come to Oslo with my wife, Ruth Jenkins-Róbertsson (soprano), and take part in the Queen Sonja International Music Competition! Norway is such a beautiful country and what better place to come together to sing!