1) What inspired you to become a singer?
I would say "who inspired me to become a singer". It was definitely my first voice teacher - Marat Kozlov and, of course, Luciano Pavarotti!
2) What’s your dream role and why?
My dream role is Don Giovanni, because it's extremely interesting and difficult in sense of acting, vocal technique, colors and because it's by Mozart - one of my favorite composers! I'm sure this role will never become boring for me and I will discover new things about it every time I work on it.
3) Who is your favourite opera singer and why?
Luciano Pavarotti is the best for me! Because he achieved such a level of vocal technique which allowed him to express everything he wanted in his voice and gave him absolute freedom and control. His perfect legato, his high notes, his vocal stamina, the way he used his lyrical voice in dramatic roles... I love everything about him! And I'm very grateful to him because I never stop learning from him!
4) What do you hope to achieve by participating in The Queen Sonja International Music Competition?
It's a huge honor to take part in this famous competition! The things that I'm trying to achieve by participating in it are the exposure to Norwegian public and the prestigious jury. And I love being onstage, so it's also a great opportunity to perform in front of public!
5) Tell us something surprising or unexpected about yourself!
At age 12 I left home and went without my parents to study singing in another city, far from home.
6) Is there anything else you would like to tell us, which might be interesting to the public?
I used to be a professional swimmer, semi- professional soccer player and I love fishing!