1) What inspired you to become a singer?
I knew I wanted to become a singer when I performed in Rodgers and Hammerstein musical theater pieces, specifically Oklahoma and Carousel, in highschool.
2) What's your dream role and why?
My dream role is Tatiana in Eugene Onegin because of her passion, honesty, and her sense of honor.
3) Who is your favourite opera singer and why?
Soprano Eleanor Steber is my favorite opera singer. There is an unaffected quality in her sound that moves me deeply, and I admire her technical mastery, ease and evenness of tone, and vocal flexibility. Her Depuis le jour is absolute perfection.
4) What do you hope to achieve by participating in The Queen Sonja International Music Competition?
I am excited to be participating in this international competition! I feel as though I have been afforded an opportunity to learn and grow by listening to other competition participants, while at the same time experiencing both an artistic and cultural exchange.
5) Tell us something suprising or unexpected about yourself!
I am the eldest of five children, I have four younger brothers, my mother is a voice teacher, and my father is a composer, conductor and organist. I grew up singing the boy soprano parts in a great deal of Renaissance polyphony.